Remember when gas was only a couple dollars? Those days are getting harder and harder to believe they even existed. Saving a few cents is about all you can do. Here are some easy to use tips for saving on that oh so expensive gas.
- Tire inflation - Make sure your tires are properly inflated to maximize the efficiency of your vehicle on the road.
- Tune up - A well tuned up vehicle will have better moving parts and save on fuel use.
- Drive slower - When possible do not exceed 60mph because the drag increases greatly causing more fuel consumption.
- Accelerate and brake slowly - Doing either too quickly can cause your car to burn more gas to accommodate your need for speed.
- Fill up - Join Sam's club or Costco for membership discounts. Your grocery store may have fuel discounts associated with your purchasing habits too. Search around for low gas prices.
- Octane - Buy the lowest octane your auto manual suggests.